The Rockefeller Foundation is a philanthropic organization and private foundation based at 420 Fifth Avenue, New York City. The preeminent institution established by the six-generation Rockefeller family, it was founded by Standard Oil owner John D. Rockefeller ("Senior"), along with his son John D. Rockefeller, Jr. ("Junior"), and Senior's principal oil&gas business and philanthropic advisor, Frederick Taylor Gates, in New York State May 14, 1913, when its charter was formally accepted by the New York State Legislature.
Its central mission over the past 100 years has been "to promote the well-being of humanity throughout the world."
* Helped establish the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in the United Kingdom;
* Established the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health and Harvard School of Public Health, two of the first such institutions in the United States;
* Established the School of Hygiene at the University of Toronto in 1927;
* Developed the vaccine to prevent yellow fever;
* Helped The New School provide a haven for scholars threatened by the Nazis
Above text from Wikipedia is available under the CC-BY-SA license.
- 1. Wikipedia. Rockefeller Foundation
- 2. Cabinet Office. Ministerial meetings with outside interests, 1 Jan - 31 Mar 2011
This profile was compiled by Who's Lobbying and is about Rockefeller Foundation.
This page is not endorsed by or affiliated with Rockefeller Foundation.
Problem with this information?
Please let us know by emailing: