Quilliam is a London-based think tank that focuses on "counter-extremism", specifically Islamism, which it argues is the cause of Muslim terrorism. Founded as The Quilliam Foundation, it lobbies government and public institutions for more nuanced policies regarding Islam and the need for greater democracy in the Muslim world. According to its founder Maajid Nawaz, "We wish to raise awareness around Islamism"; also "I want to demonstrate how the Islamist ideology is incompatible with Islam. Secondly...develop a Western Islam that is at home in Britain and in Europe... reverse radicalisation by taking on their arguments and countering them."
Above text from Wikipedia is available under the CC-BY-SA license.
- Political pressure groups
Oral Evidence given to Parliament Committees
- 1. Wikipedia. Quilliam (think tank)
- 2. Cabinet Office. Permanent Secretaries’ meetings with outside interests, 1 Jan - 31 Mar 2011
- 3. Department for Business, Innovation and Skills. Ministerial meetings with outside interests, 1 Aug - 30 Sep 2010
- 4. Department for Communities and Local Government. Ministerial meetings with outside interests, 13 May - 31 Jul 2010
- 5. United Kingdom Parliament. Minutes of Evidence - Tuesday 13 Sep 2011 - Home Affairs Committee - Roots of violent radicalisation
This profile was compiled by Who's Lobbying and is about Quilliam Foundation.
This page is not endorsed by or affiliated with Quilliam Foundation.
Problem with this information?
Please let us know by emailing: