The National Union of Teachers (NUT) is a trade union for school teachers in England, Wales, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. It is a member of the Trades Union Congress. The Union recruits only qualified teachers and those training to be qualified teachers into membership and currently has over 300,000 members, making it the largest teachers' union in Europe.
Above text from Wikipedia is available under the CC-BY-SA license.
Oral Evidence given to Parliament Committees
- Christine Blower, General Secretary, NUT gave evidence related to Attracting, Training and Retaining the Best Teachers on 7 Dec. 
- Kevin Courtney, Deputy General Secretary, National Union of Teachers gave evidence related to Practical experiments in school science lessons and science field trips on 15 Jun. 
- National Union of Teachers met with Michael Gove, Secretary of State for Education, to discuss the future of the School Support Staff Negotiating Body, along with Trades Union Congress, General, Municipal, Boilermakers and Allied Trade Union, UNISON, UNITE, National Association of Schoolmasters/ Union of Women Teachers, and Association of Teachers and Lecturers. 
- 1. Wikipedia. National Union of Teachers
- 2. Department for Education. Ministerial meetings with outside interests, 1 Jan - 31 Mar 2011
- 3. Department for Education. Ministerial meetings with outside interests, 1 Oct - 31 Dec 2010
- 4. Department for Education. Ministerial meetings with outside interests, 1 Aug - 30 Sep 2010
- 5. United Kingdom Parliament. No - Minutes of Evidence: HC 1515-ii - Wednesday 7 Dec 2011 - Education Committee - Minutes of EvidenceHC 1515-ii - Attracting, Training and Retaining the Best Teachers
- 6. United Kingdom Parliament. Wednesday 15 Jun 2011 - Science and Technology Committee - Minutes of Evidence - Practical experiments in school science lessons and science field trips
- 7. United Kingdom Parliament. Minutes of Evidence - Wednesday 13 Oct 2010 - Education Committee - Behaviour and Discipline in Schools
This profile was compiled by Who's Lobbying and is about National Union of Teachers.
This page is not endorsed by or affiliated with National Union of Teachers.
Problem with this information?
Please let us know by emailing: